1. 뜻과 예문
- [not usually before noun] (formal) very important and needing immediate attention or action
- (imperative that…) It is absolutely imperative that we finish by next week.
- (imperative to do something) It is imperative to continue the treatment for at least two months.
- (formal) expressing authority
- an imperative tone
- [only before noun] (grammar) expressing an order
- an imperative sentence
late Middle English (as a grammatical term): from late Latin imperativus (literally ‘specially ordered’, translating Greek prostatikē enklisis ‘imperative mood’), from imperare ‘to command’, from in- ‘towards’ + parare ‘make ready’.